Chapter 5: Exercise Answers
15. Hot Key Conflicts
This conflict can be resolved using any of the methods shown below;
You can resolve a hot key conflict between SuperNova and your application by telling SuperNova to ignore the next key press.
This turns off SuperNova hot keys to allow through a single keyboard command, so once you have released the keys, SuperNova automatically reverts back to its own hot keys.
Pass the next key press through to your application LEFT CONTROL + 7.
You can resolve a hot key conflict between SuperNova and your application by turning off the SuperNova hot keys altogether.
Turn off or on hot keys using LEFT CONTROL + 8 on the desktop default number pad set.
You can add, delete or reassign any SuperNova hot key. You can do this to resolve hot key conflicts between SuperNova and your application or to change a hot key command to a key combination you find easier to use. To do this:
- Press LEFT CONTROL + SPACEBAR. The SuperNova control panel opens.
- Press ALT + G. The General menu opens.
- DOWN ARROW to Keyboard and Hot Keys and press ENTER. A submenu opens.
- DOWN ARROW to Hot Keys and press ENTER. The Hot Keys dialog box opens.
- TAB through, using the Hot Key Command Set list and Command list to select the assigned hot key you want to change.
- Use the Add key button, Replace key button or Remove key button to change the hot key.
- TAB to the OK button and press SPACEBAR.
- SuperNova confirms the changes and closes the dialog box.
NOTE: Remember to switch back any hot keys reassigned in this exercise, unless you want the change to remain in place.