Culture and Values
Our software empowers blind, low vision and dyslexic people to read and succeed.
We are very proud of our relaxed and friendly company culture. We encourage our office staff to dress casually in order that they are able to be themselves and be comfortable at work. We also promote a supportive culture where trust and responsibility is devolved to our people. A flat hierarchy, free of unnecessary management levels, and self managed project teams means we are able to capitalise on the skills and expertise of our people and be reactive to change.
Our core values were jointly developed by our Directors, Managers and employees, and provide a framework for how we do business at Dolphin and a written expression of what we stand for. Our values act as a guide to those daily actions that guide us toward our goals. We expect all our people to stay true to our values.
- Delight Customers: We aim to exceed customers and partners' expecations.
- Own the Outcome: We use insights to make decisions and hold ourselves accountable.
- Learn Fast: We encourage people to continually learn and grow.
- Productive Teams: We work hard together to deliver quality results and profit.
- Have Fun: We enjoy what we do.
- Inclusivity: We are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment.
- New Ideas: We innovate and embrace better ways of doing things.
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are committed to building a diverse team and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, accessible and respectful environment for all employees, partners and customers. Furthermore, all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, nationality, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, marital status or parental status. All applicants will be considered based on competence, job requirements and business needs.
Dolphin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind.
Dolphin is a Disability Confident Employer
Dolphin is pleased to be a Disability Confident Employer. We work to remove barriers, increase understanding and ensure that disabled people have opportunities to fulfil their potential at work.
As a Disability Confident organisation, Dolphin helps play a leading role in changing attitudes and culture in our business, networks and community, while reaping the rewards of a diverse workforce.
We are proud to be a Mindful Employer
We are a signatory to the Mindful Employer Charter which means we are committed to support the mental health and wellbeing of our staff and uphold the charter values:
- To provide non-judgemental and proactive support to staff with experience of mental ill-health.
- To not make assumptions about a person with a mental health condition and their ability to work.
- To be positive and enabling toward all employees and applicants with a mental health condition.
- To support line managers in managing mental health in the workplace.
- To ensure we are fair in the recruitment of new staff in accordance with the Equality Act (2010).
- To make it clear that people who have experience of mental ill-health will not be discriminated against.
We are committed to creating a supportive and open culture, where colleagues feel able to talk about mental health and ask for support if they need it.
Statement of Environmental Responsibility
Dolphin Computer Access is committed to minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of our strategy to achieve this are:
- Comply with relevant environmental legislation
- Ensuring our operations are as efficient as possible to minimise the environmental impact of production and distribution
- Actively promote recycling and energy efficiency internally
- Continuing to invest in technologies that provide alternatives to business travel